Many of our shows have small segments of interest to particular people. A show may have a music segment that the artist wants to put on their site. Or, there may be a particularly relevant part of a discussion that you think deserves attention.
Clips allow any Treet website user to:
- Create a clip by picking the start and end time of any show on our website.
- Customize that clip by adding your own description and headline.
- Create a new "poster frame" to replace the normal thumbnail seen on our site and in the player.
- Embed the clip on any other website, just as if it were a normal Treet show.
Here is how you create clips:
- On any episode page, at the bottom is a place called "Create Clip".
Enter the start and end time (give some extra time at beginning and end, just a good idea).
- Then enter the name of the clip. This is the TITLE which will appear everywhere, so make it short and sweet but good!
- Click "Create Clip"
- Your clip will be created immediately.
- You can use the green EDIT button to go in and update the Synopsis. That is probably all you want to change. That is the place to put in a description of why you like the clip, and what is cool about it.
On the page of the episode, the clip will appear immediately under "Clips for This Episode" in the tabs next to blogs, etc.
- You can also, if you wish, create a special poster frame to appear in thumbnails and in the player. The easiest way is to download the show itself and take a screen grab of the frame you want, but you can upload any graphic. Make them fairly large. Ours are 1280x720 but making them at least 800 pixels wide is a good idea.
On the main show page, the clip will appear within 6 hours. This gives you time to make sure it's OK before it goes live to the world.
Known Issues You Should Be Aware Of
- The player doesn't handle clips perfectly yet. Startup will be slow, but they should work.
- The scrubber bar doesn't handle clips perfectly yet.
- Clips can be embedded (just like other videos), but please don't do this yet, as we want to get all this working first.
- If you create a custom poster frame, it will show up in the thumbnails, but the player itself will still show the original show clip. We will change this sometime soon.